Patterns studies

In this period I have dedicated a lot of my studies to 'patterns' or textures. All work is already posted in Flickr and here I put a summary of the stuff that is developed or under development there.

Some of these patterns originated from a documentary I saw on the BBC about a game invented in the seventies by a certain John Conway (Game's Life), based on small squares in a quadricular grid.

How this interest of mine in patterns comes from afar, I also collected several references from books by Lewis Day and William Morris (These books I found in Archive.org), many of these are beautiful and useful for developing patterns, even if at the time the books were published everything was done by hand and today the computer dominates this area, but the recommendations of the references are really useful and beautiful.

Lewis Day - Patter Design, 1923.
A pattern with Game's Life patterns motifs.
Another pattern that I made with some variations of game's life figures and put these along the paths.
Study of  Lewis Day's motif pattern... original and some geometric schemes.
The finished pattern.
All works will can found in my flickr portfolio.
Another pattern study that I began of a old Illuminated Initial (NY Digital Library).