Digital Artist!?

Digital artist illustration with some thoughts about...

Many years ago, when I was still attending the Academy of Fine Arts in Bologna, it was 1986, I started thinking about what the artist of the future would be like. I remember a discussion in the corridors of the Academy with Yuji and I imagined myself painting with light tools, computers and things like that... of course the computer and the software have made great strides and today it is possible to draw and paint on the computer.

Probably the tools and interfaces will have to improve and get closer to the creation process, but this process should be as close to the artist's world, without too many technicalities and more practical sense.

Today graphic tablets have become real screens of light where we can draw and paint directly on the canvas. But unfortunately the software is too complex to master, in my opinion because they use a metaphor of the beginnings of the man-machine interface, we would see the future. But while this doesn't happen I continue to paint and draw with my graphic tablet.

This image was created with a very interesting and promising program, it's called Mypaint and runs on Linux, MacOs x and Windows. The paper texture was created by me using watercolor papers in Gimp.